Monday, May 10, 2010

On The Hunt

Everyone has a story, all are tragic, but some have happy endings.
This one's ending isn't finished, but allow me catch you up.
Let's just imagine that trust is a house, a home, a heart.
It’s made up to keep the homeowner safe, secure, happy.
Once everything is ready, every homeowner wants to find others to share it with; a home away from home kind of thing.
But so very often that is a mistake…
When I was younger I kept my front door unlocked and I welcomed all.
I put my heart into making my home comfortable and peaceful with the hopes that no one would want to leave.
Unfortunately that's exactly what happened.
No one would leave, instead they trashed my home believing it was their right as invited guests to use and abuse everything I had.
It wasn't long until I became a prisoner in and around myself; I couldn’t bear to live in my own home.
When it became excruciating, I kicked everyone out, good and bad not taking the time to distinguish between the two.
I threw away the key hoping I’d never be able find it again.
I decided it would be better to stay in alone than risk more unruly guests.
I spent a long time trying to fix the things they’d wrecked but we all know that just like paper, once it’s crumbled up it will never be perfect again.
Every once in awhile, I’d look outside and become envious of all the company other homes were able to keep.
So every once in a while, I would venture outside and occasionally into other homes, but never would I let another person enter my home that was so poorly treated.
Hypocrisy? Yes. Understandable? Yes
Besides, I’d never gotten it back to its original state.
Eventually, He found me; showed up on the front step hoping to come in, but as I had promised myself, no one would ever have that privilege again.
But he never left; after a few promises and conversation, he did succeed in charming is way on in.
He actually helped me clean up a bit, so the home is in much better shape than it had been.
Sometimes he’d come with me to the front porch and chat, but he always asked me if he could invite some other people in; of course I said no.
I’d already explained to him what happened all the other times, yet he would respond saying these new guests were tested and would respect my home.
He gave me his word and I’m in the process of trusting it.
So here we are in present day with me scurrying to find all the keys I’d hidden to unlock all the doors and praying with all my might that the new guests will still be there waiting when I get the door open.
I don’t want to miss my chance, but I need you to hang around so I can find the keys.
Trust me… I’m on the hunt.

No comments: